This blog entry will explain everything you need to know about angels and demons for this site. If you have any further questions, please ask.
Angels on this site, like all angels, have wings. So they can of course fly. When angels are born, they start out with black feathers. These new angels are called Fledglings. As they grow older, they will have to start looking for their "God-given" weapon. This weapon could be anything, and could be anywhere. Once they locate it, their wings turn white, and they could develop a special power(Ask me first before you go ahead and give them one). The weapon that they recieve will allow them to make portals to different Realms, such as Earth and the Inferno. They can travel anywhere they want with it, really, as long as they have a picture in their mind of where they want to go. The weapon is interlaced with Heaven's light. Or, so the angels say, since it turns demons to ash when they are sliced with it enough times. Angels can live indefinitely. They don't get sick. The only thing that could cause them to die would be being physically killed. Angels follow a strict set of rules. They cannot have children with demons, under any circumstances. If they're ever caught in a relationship with a demon, their wings are stripped and they are put on Earth to live the rest of their lives as humans. They can have any kind of name, but biblical names are more common among the angels.
- No relationships with demons of any kind.
- No killing of humans, but no interfering with their lives either if it can be helped.
- Council decisions must be followed to the letter.
- Exposing themselves to humans is off limits.
- Demons are to be taken to the cells for interrogation, not killed on site unless ordered by the Council.
Some Powers Angels Can Have:
Each angel has the ability to create portals with their God-given weapons, which, if they can picture where they want to go, can take them there.
- Controlling any of the elements; fire, water, earth, wind.
- Reading minds.
- Disintegration - the power to collapse objects into dust. The strength of the power depends on the individual, but in general, they are able to collapse things about as big as a small cardboard box.
- Animal manipulation - the power to influence animal behavior. Usually, the power is specific to one type of animal.
- Omnilingualism - the power to instantly speak and understand any language fluently.
- Psychic Nagivation - the power to track people/objects with one's mind. This power is more rare among the angels.
- Technopathy - the ability to manipulate and control electronics and machinery.
- Force-field Generation - the ability to project powerful fields of manipulated energy. The size of the force field depends on the strength of the angel, but they are difficult to keep up without practice. They drain a lot of energy and tend to make the individual tired.
- Healing - While angels can heal quickly themselves, some have the ability to heal others with their blood. This is one of the more common abilities.
Demons can be just about anything. From Vampires and Werewolves, to faires and dragons. You can make up any kind of demon that you'd like. Just don't go too crazy on the types of powers that they have. They have to have some sort of limits, or it wouldn't be fair. Demons don't have any kind of special weapons, but just about all of them can create Glamours. Glamours are disguises that demons use to get around in the human world. They make themself look like humans, but of course underneath they really aren't. All demons must listen to Satan, naturally. They have no weaknesses to illnesses, like the angels.
List of Demons and Powers:
If there are any creatures that are not on this list and you would like to create, please don't hesitate to ask.
- General Demons : Have the abilitiy to manipulate Hell-fire and possess supernatural strength, speed, and senses. Their true appearances are hidden from humans unless they choose to show them, and each Demon is a making from a particular deadly sin. For example, a Demon made from Pride will usually have that particular trait. They are extremely hard to kill, although are numerous in number.
- Vampires : Possess supernatural strength, speed and senses. They must feed on human blood to survive, although they can bleed when cut and can be killed if their head is cut off.
- Werewolves : Have the ability to transform into a canine counterpart, and can possess the strength and advanced senses of their other half.
- Kitsune : Almost like a Werewolf, but a Kitsune possesses numerous tails, and the more they have, the meaner and trickier they are. They are fox spirits that also have the ability to manipulate the earth and plants. They especially like to cause trouble and play pranks.
- Arachnes : Supernatural creatures that have abilities similar to spiders. In their true form, they have eight eyes, four arms and fangs that are filled with poison. They can create webs like real spiders, but can be killed pretty easily from blood loss.
- Shapeshifters : Different by far from Werewolves, Shapeshifters can transform into any person they can think of, any creature even. They are extraordinarily rare and very hard to catch and kill. They take on the abilities of whatever they shift into.
- Crocotta : Like sirens, they lure humans in with the alure of their voice. They feed on souls, and have advanced strength and speed. They have a longer life span than humans, but cannot live indefinitely. They can also be killed with bullets or any other modern weapon, if they don't convince their victim not to use it with the charm of their voice.
- Fairies : There are several different types of fairies. They can appear to look like normal humans with glamours(magic that hides a supernatural creature's true appearance), but most of them have large eyes and assorted skin and hair colors from across the rainbow. They all have wings with which to fly, although they can be easily damaged. Fairies are unable to lie, but they can still be tricky since they might not tell the whole truth.
- Witches and Wizards : Witches and Wizards can manipulate magic, and depending on how skilled the individual is, their magic ranges from levitating objects all the way to creating glamours, casting destructive spells and manipulating minds. Generally they are users of black magic, and are immortal. However, they can't have children of their own.
- Seers : Seers can get glimpses into the future, whether it be their own future or one individuals. They are human as far as their senses and strength go, and are also rare as far as demons go.
- Kanima : A snake-like creature that takes on the form when called upon by their master. They are controlled by one particular person, and otherwise walk among humans without knowledge of their powers or the deeds that they committed. They have claws that are filled with paralytic poison, sharp teeth, a tail, and scales.
Realms are pretty much different worlds in the universe. The Celestial City, where angels are found to live and thrive, is one example, as well as the Inferno where demons live. Each Realm has it's own sort of organisms that are different from other Realms. Like how on Earth there are different animals on different continents. You get the picture. The Realms that exist are limitless, like the expanding universe. If anyone ever has an idea for a plot with a new invented Realm of their own, please do post it on the Plots blog entry.